Balvihar: Mission Statement
Balvihar is sponsored by Hindu Temple, Omaha, NE
After graduating from this school, our children should be able to:
1. Inculcate the Indian spirit in their daily lives
2. Teach these ideas to other young children
3. Grow up to be self-confident individuals, proud of their Indian heritage
1. To provide an opportunity for our children to discover their cultural bond with India and develop pride in their Hindu identity
2. To introduce Hindu Cultural Heritage and Traditions through simple stories about our main epics, Gods and Goddesses, and festivals.
3. To provide a learning environment where children can meet and share a common value system and feel a sense of identity with Hindu Culture.
4. To imbibe the Indian spirit within our children by making them aware of India and its historical and contemporary achievements.
1. Children of Indian origin that understand their cultural heritage will be able to share this knowledge with their American counterparts.
2. We hope that the children will grow up in the Indian tradition with their parents, and eventually pass it on to others.
3. When our children return to India on visits, they will feel at home there and enjoy their stay much more when they are familiar with Hindu Culture and Indian way of life. They will not feel alienated from their cousins and other family members.
Balvihar appreciate all the support it receives to accomplish it’s mission and meet objectives. Balvihar recognizes the following for their continuous support:
1. Hindu Temple Management & Committee
2. Balvihar Volunteer teachers & others
3. Parents and everyone